SAFE and Sound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POOR CHARLIE NOW HAS A RESCUE VERY SPECIAL CASE!

5 posters

Go down

POOR CHARLIE NOW HAS A RESCUE VERY SPECIAL CASE! Empty POOR CHARLIE NOW HAS A RESCUE VERY SPECIAL CASE!

Post  Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:28 pm

URGENT RESCUE SPACE NEEDED (not for rehoming)
CHARLIE - Owner no longer wants. Signed over.
4yr old approx, entire staffie male. Cleft palate (or poss old fighting injury) and Cryptorchid (undescended testicle which needs to be removed). FULLY VACCINATED - 2nd vax done today.

Poor Charlie was traded on facebook sometime last week and given to a family with THREE children under 5. A few days after he arrived, it became clear he was not comfortable around the youngest child, a 10 month old baby that has just started walking. Charlie would growl in the baby's presence so it was decided that he couldn't stay. The family couldn't find a rescue to take him so he was put back up on facebook looking for his second home in a week or he would have to be PTS!

Charlie is reportedly ok with older children but not toddlers. He seems fine with around other dogs while out and about, met other dogs quite happily at the vets today, though has not be let off the lead yet. A thorough dog test will be undertaken once he has settled in at the kennels.

We had to step in last night and get the family to sign him over to the pound, to stop him being placed into yet another unchecked home with yet more very young children and no rescue back up in place. Fortunately he was just down the road from the pound we already work with so he has been taken there, where believe it or not, he will be much safer in the long term.

The pound say the council will not pay for this boy's stay with them, as they will deem him unrehomeable due to his medical conditions and would want to PTS Sad We will therefore need to raise money to pay for his boarding at the pound ourselves as we will not see him PTS for the way he looks! We think he's rather beautiful!

If anyone can contribute towards his boarding, donations can be sent via Paypal to:
POOR CHARLIE NOW HAS A RESCUE VERY SPECIAL CASE! Lumo4

Last edited by Wendy A on Thu May 31, 2012 1:41 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

POOR CHARLIE NOW HAS A RESCUE VERY SPECIAL CASE! Empty Re: POOR CHARLIE NOW HAS A RESCUE VERY SPECIAL CASE!

Post  Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:33 pm

please use the share option if you want to share Charlie.

Back to top Go down

POOR CHARLIE NOW HAS A RESCUE VERY SPECIAL CASE! Empty Re: POOR CHARLIE NOW HAS A RESCUE VERY SPECIAL CASE!

Post  Devy Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:57 am

Wendy,

thanks for saving Charlie guys, this poor soul really deserves a good home. Reminds me so much of my Daisy. I wrote an email to Jane in Algernon asking if there is any chance to squeeze him in but can't promise anything. At least will send some money donation for him next week Smile.
Devy
Devy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:27 pm

Will post some new pics we have of him Ronnie, he is so cute, and loving it in the kenells where is is boarding now, staff are making him so at home, he is getting cuddles all the time, I honestly believe he is happier here than he was in any of his homes, poor boy, we just had to save him Ronnie, poor boy Crying or Very sad
We are blessed to have nice people in our pound who love dogs Smile and little Charlie is well looked after, we may have a space for him in a rescue soon, so fingers crossed. Thanks for asking Jane. xx

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Here he is having a little walk around meeting the dogs, love this boy I think he is so cute, with his special teeth.

POOR CHARLIE NOW HAS A RESCUE VERY SPECIAL CASE! 34zkaqa

Back to top Go down

Post  Devy Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:14 am

Nice to hear he is getting all the attention he probably never had! He looks so cute, love the pic of him going on a walk. Fingers crossed he goes to a nice rescue.
Devy
Devy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn T Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:50 pm

He's a wee love isn't he?
Lynn T
Lynn T

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:26 am

Charlie has found a rescue, what wonderful news, we are hoping to move him this week to London. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Angi Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Charlie will be travelling to his new rescue tomorrow, Friday 13th cheers
Angi
Angi

http://www.safe-and-sound.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:39 am

Great news 13th is lucky for Charlie!

Back to top Go down

Post  Devy Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:21 am

cheers Safe journey Charlie!
Devy
Devy

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:51 pm

Charlie is on his way! Woo hoo! Very Happy
Admin
Admin

https://sites.google.com/site/safeandsoundpoundies/home

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:39 am

Charlie arrived safely in rescue this afternoon. His new rescue, All Dogs Matter, are delighted with him. We will update you when we get some news on his progress. Smile
Admin
Admin

https://sites.google.com/site/safeandsoundpoundies/home

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Williams Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:23 am

Thank goodness he's safe. I hate these facebook pets for sale pages. I recently intervened when someone was offering a deaf staffie free to a good home. I rang telling the person who posted the dangers of getting someone unscrupulous wanting to adopt & she agreed I could try to get him a reputable rescue. I then posted him on various facebook rescue pages. I have a short-term fosterer who will take him next week & a rescue has agreed to take him under their banner once they get a long-term fosterer. Luckily someone has put an application to foster him so fingers crossed he's safe.
Christine Williams
Christine Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:50 am

Elvis as he is now called is in foster with All dogs matter, and living with about 8 dogs Smile
Yes Christine unfortunately there are so many of these awful ads, which usually end up in terrible situations, especially a deaf dog could be used as bait, so glad you intervened and that the doggie is now safe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:40 am

homed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down